Opiates Test Strips/Morphine Test Strips/OPI Test Strips
Opiates/Morphine Test Strips Procedure:
- Users should carefully remove the Opiates/Morphine test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister, and use it as soon as possible to attain the best results. It is recommended that the test be performed within an hour after the removal of the test strips from the pouch or canister. Remember to close the canister tightly after removing any strips.
- Users should always hold the Opiates/Morphine test strip by the end, where the product name is printed. Be careful not to touch the strip membrane as it could lead to contamination and there is a high possibility of not getting accurate results.
- Many users make the mistake of not holding the test strip in a correct manner. The correct way of holding the strip is to hold them in a vertical position while dipping them in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a dry, non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be readable within 5 minutes. Users should not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered as an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- Users should note that external controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the Opiates/Morphine test procedure to verify proper test performance.