Oxycodone Test Strips
Oxycodone Test Strips Procedure:
- Users should carefully remove the Oxycodone test strip from its sealed pouch, or remove from the canister. To achieve the best results, it is recommended that the test should be performed within an hour of removing the test strip from the pouch/canister. Always remember to close the canister tightly after removing the strips. The canister should be closed tightly after removing any strips.
- The correct way of holding the Oxycodone test strip is holding it by the end where the product name is printed. Be careful not to touch the strip membrane to avoid the possibility of contamination.
- Holding the strip in a vertical position, dip the test strip in the urine specimen for a minimum of 15 seconds. Remember that the test strip should not be immersed past the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the test has finished running, carefully remove the strip from the urine specimen and place it on a dry, non-absorbent flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be readable within 5 minutes. It is recommended to not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered as an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- Users should note that external controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the Oxycodone test procedure to verify proper test performance.