Cocaine Test Strips
Cocaine Test Strips Procedure:
- Users should carefully remove the Cocaine test strip from its sealed pouch or the canister, and use it soon after removing it. To attain the best results from the Cocaine test stripes, it is recommended that the test should be performed within an hour. The canister should be closed tightly after removing the test strips and should not be left open or loose.
- Always hold the Cocaine test strip by the end where the product name is printed. Avoid touching the strip membrane to avoid contamination. Always follow the instructions provided on the pack to get the best results.
- Users should always hold the strip vertically while dipping the Cocaine test strip in the urine specimen for at least 10-15 seconds. The strip should only be immersed till the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- As soon as the test has finished running, users should remove the strip from the urine specimen and place it on a non-absorbent, dry, flat surface. Start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be readable within 5 minutes. Users should not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
- Internal procedural controls are included in the test. A colored band appearing in the control region(C) is considered as an internal positive procedural control, confirming sufficient specimen volume and correct procedural technique.
- Users should note that external controls are not supplied with this kit. It is recommended that positive and negative controls be tested as a good laboratory practice to confirm the Cocaine test procedure to verify proper test performance.