Drug testing is a crucial tool for maintaining safety and accountability in various settings, from workplaces to healthcare facilities and beyond. When choosing the right drug test for your specific needs, it’s essential to understand the key differences between various panels.
Defining the Basics
Before we dive into the differences, let’s establish what 12-panel and 6-panel drug tests are:
- 12 Panel Drug Tests:
- A 12-panel drug test is a comprehensive screening tool designed to detect the presence of multiple drugs in a person’s system.
- It can identify a broader range of substances, typically including common drugs like marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, propoxyphene, methamphetamine, ecstasy, PCP, oxycodone and more.
- 12 panel drug tests are often used in settings where a thorough examination of potential substance abuse is required, such as pre-employment screening, probation monitoring, or clinical assessments.
- 6 Panel Drug Tests:
- A 6-panel drug test, in contrast, screens for a more limited number of drugs.
- It typically focuses on detecting substances with a higher prevalence in certain environments or industries.
- 6-panel tests are commonly employed in scenarios where a more targeted approach is sufficient, such as some workplace drug testing programs.
The Differences Between 12 Panel Drug Tests
and 6 Panel Tests
Now, let’s explore the key differences between these two types of drug tests:
- Number of Substances Detected:
- Scope of Testing:
- Cost Considerations:
- The cost of drug testing can vary based on the number of substances being screened. As 12 panel drug tests are more comprehensive, they are generally more expensive than 6-panel tests. However, Ovus Medical is your leading provider for affordable and accurate urine cups!
- Testing Objectives:
- The choice between a 12-panel and a 6-panel test depends on your testing objectives. If you’re primarily concerned with common drugs that are prevalent in your specific environment, a 6-panel test may suffice. On the other hand, if you need a broader view of potential substance abuse, a 12 panel drug tests is the better choice.
Contact Us Today!
Selecting the right drug test panel is a critical decision that should align with your specific testing goals and requirements. Ovus Medical offers a wide range of high-quality drug testing supplies, including both 12-panel and 6-panel tests, to cater to diverse needs.
By understanding the differences between these two types of tests, you can make an informed choice that promotes safety, efficiency, and accuracy in your drug testing programs. Whether you opt for a comprehensive 12-panel test or a more targeted 6-panel test, Ovus Medical is here to support your efforts in maintaining a drug-free and secure environment.Buy Drug Tests Here