At one point in time, women need to take a urine drug test. It may be for a job application, migration, legal purposes, or part of an athletic organizations’ requirement. So they wonder how to pee in a cup properly.
If you are one of the women wondering how to pee in a cup, this blog post is for you. We’ve outlined a few tips on how to urinate in a cup in the most hassle-free, mess-free way as possible.
What to do before a drug test
Drink enough water
Always hydrate yourself not only before a drug test. Make it a habit to drink at least 2.7 liters of water a day. This will help you produce enough amount of urine anytime.
Avoid drinking diuretics such as coffee or tea as much as possible before the test. This is due to the fact that diuretics can lead you to pee more frequently. That is something you do not want to happen. You must pee during the examination. This ensures that you have enough urine in your drug testing cup. According to the NCBI, the sample must be at least 30 ml in volume.
Physical activities like running, dancing, and brisk walking can make you sweat a lot. That’s where all your consumed liquids might go, leaving you with little for the drug test cup, as in the case of Jen Needham.
So before taking the test, don’t exercise. Save your breath and body fluids for later.
Women with shy bladders (paruresis) have difficulty urinating in public restrooms. That’s why they try to pee as much as they can before leaving home. The problem is, they produce so little urine or none at all for a drug test.
If this is your case, try to relax. Do deep breathing exercises. Think of the beautiful places you’ve been to and the lovely people you’ve met. Keep your mind at ease.
Provide correct information
The technician will offer you a paperwork to fill out before the drug test. Fill out this form completely. It’s also a good idea to let the technician know if you’re taking any medications for a medical issue. Because your test is likely to produce a positive result.
As a result, it is best to have your prescription with you. It will demonstrate that you are taking the prescription as prescribed by your doctor.
How to pee in a cup: A guide for women
For drug testing, you should collect the clean catch sample. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to pee in a cup.
- Wash your hands with soap and water to prevent germs from coming into contact with the sample.
- Open the drug testing cup.
- Sit on the toilet. Spread your legs wide apart.
- Open your labia with two fingers.
- Clean the area with a wipe.
- Still holding the labia, pee a small amount in the toilet. Then, hold back.
- Hold the drug test cup a few inches below the urethra. It’s where pee comes out in women.
- Continue urinating until the cup is more than half full.
- You can finish urinating in the toilet bowl.
- Put the cup on a flat surface.
- Cover with the lid.
- Hand the sample to the technician.
- Ladies, this is how to pee in a cup for a drug test as hassle-free and mess-free as you can. Remember the things you have to do before and during a urine drug test so you’ll be able to pass it with flying colors.
If you or a loved one needs safe and reliable drug testing cups, check out the Ovus Medical shop. We have an array of drug testing screens you can use anytime, anywhere.Buy Drug Tests Here